So I went to the basement, to Handy Hubby's shop and chose my blocks.
I wanted to do little "snowflake" type things on either side, so thats why I have extra blocks. From here I used my cricut to cut letters and symbols. I swear I took pictures of just the letters on the blocks unpainted, but frankly I didn't.
Since I slacked, here is a picture of the blockes with the letters already pealed off after I painted about 3 coats on and let it dry. Next, Jill's directions said to put stain all over and wipe it off so it didn't stain. Well, even though I listened, it didn't quite work out the way her's did. Maybe because I used craft paints?? Some might have called it a day and a FAIL. Not me. I cleaned them up a little as well as I could and admired them :) I did spray some clear enamel on the outside to seal a little bit.
I think they turned out pretty stinkin cute. I really love Jill's so I might go back and try, try again some other time, but I can't say that I hate my
failed version either.
Sorry the quality isn't the greatest- when the weather is terrible and there is no natural light during the day and you have time to take pictures only in the evening, this is what you get. That aside, I like my little "snowflake."
As a little extra... here is my little snowman collection that will stay out all winter long :) The light, plate and, tiny snowmen were all purchased from the same person @ Thimble Junction. Gwen actually used to be my dental hygentist and she is a great crafter!!
Anyway--- thats that!! Have a wonderful day!